Data Migration and Integration
RefinePro Data Engineering Team keeps your project on track and schedule
When deploying a new Customer Relationship Management (CRM) or Business Intelligence (BI) platform, you want to leverage and migrate data from your legacy systems. This can be a daunting process where any errors can corrupt data and set your project off track. Don’t let your projects run late and over budget because of legacy data nightmares.
What We Do
We join you early in the process, assess the effort related to the migration, and advise on the best strategy and any potential roadblocks – we’ll get rid of any surprises in the work plan.
We perform end to end data migration from extraction from the legacy system to field mapping and loading the data in your staging and production environments.
Data Cleaning & Enrichment
Data Migration is often an opportunity to improve the quality of your data. We can help you to:
- Remove and merge duplicate entries ;
- Clean and validate records (address, email) ;
- Augment and enrich data (address geocoding, social media profile linking …) ;
- Enforce data integrity and format.
Increase data reliability and shorten project timelines
On Schedule & Budget
The data migration is often dealt in the last leg of the project when most of the buffer has already been used.
We streamline the data migration process and take the pressure off so you can focus on the core business.
Migrating data without the proper tools or training is a stressful experience and is prone to data corruption.
You can rely on our expertise to move the data in a safe, secure and timely fashion
Agile Data Process
We work as an agile team and always put the business needs first. We like to start with a small project to understand your business needs and demonstrate how we can deliver value. Once we have the foundation right, we can help you to automate the migration
We often start data migration project with a short engagement to assess the situation and define a strategy. During the project, we will
- Interview your team to understand the context of your work, challenges you face and improvement you seek;
- Review the architecture of your systems and apprehend the role of the ETL processes;
- Document your data enrichment requirements (if any);
- Review existing OpenRefine jobs (if any) to define data cleaning needs and identify potential roadblock or opportunity for improvement;
- Prepare a report with:
- Summary of your existing process;
- Summary of your business requirements on how the new system can be improved based on the interview and potential improvement we identify during our analysis;
- A Gap Analysis;
- A strategy and execution roadmap to answer your requirements.