RefinePro is looking for a senior react developer to take the lead of the development of data intensive web applications.
About the Job
- Start date: January 2020.
- Job Type: Minimum three days per week or full-time.
- Job Location: Europe, USA, Canada, Latin America - Remote of from one of our office in Canada (Toronto, Montreal) or France (Lyon)
- Experience: Senior level
- Role: React lead Developer: Development & Implementation
- Industry: Consulting - Data services
- Company size: 5-15 employees
- Company type: Self-funded (No VC capital here, we control our destiny)
Who are we?
Since 2014, we make access to data within everyone’s reach for a variety of industries from online retailers, manufacturing, museum, news organization or insurance companies. We do so by developing data processing products, by supporting OpenRefine (an open-source tool for data cleansing), and providing our customers with managed services to develop, monitor and maintain their data pipelines. We focus on data engineering and operational excellence so our customers can build new insights, products or services on reliable data.
We are a distributed team and operate with a remote-first mindset. Check out our Joel’s test results to have a peek on how we write code.
As Senior Front End Developer you will be working on the development of data-intensive web applications for data management and transformation (think a lot of data grid with filter and easy navigation). Our application enables non-technical subject matter experts (for example inventory manager for an e-commerce website, procurement specialist at a manufacturing plant) to automate their operations and derive new insight from the data.
About 20% of the job is on the development of our platform and 80% is on customer projects. As senior front end developer, you will Work with the project stakeholders (CEO, CTO, Product Manager, Customers) to collect and scope the feature, participate in the roadmap development and demo your progress
- Implement new feature on a React project
- Bring some fresh ideas about architecture, APIs
- Improve the user-experience by proposing and implementing the best UX patterns
- Mockup user interactions with Balsamiq / Sketch
- Improve the development cycles with continuous integration and testing
- Work with the DevOps team to deploy them to production
Who are you?
You are a senior frontend developer, with a solid experience in React. You previously worked with applications that involve complex UX and user interactions. You have previous experience working in a consulting environment. You take interest in the overall product development and you are interested in having and maintaining a relationship with the clients that we are working with. You believe coding is only a certain part of your job. You pay attention to code quality, documentation, and unit testing.
- React (min 2 years) and the common React libraries (Webpack, Redux and friends)
- Comfortable with the command-line
- Understanding of API design and usage
- Familiar with development concepts and best practices (Kanban, DRY, Design patterns)
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Backend experience
- You know other languages such as Java, Node or Php
- You have experience with data-oriented projects
- You have knowledge about Linux or AWS
- You have already worked remotely or in a distributed team
What we offer
- A brand new product to implement and support, with cutting-edge technologies
- A company with a remote mindset, with tools and experience working remotely
- Ability to learn and grow with us
- Competitive salaries based on experience.
See our answers to the Joel’s test for insight on how we work.
What you will not find at RefinePro
- A job where you can code on your own without speaking to your colleagues
- Unwritten specifications
- Out of reach management
What’s our recruitment process
- Submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will schedule an introduction meeting with one of our founders.
- Positive meeting? Great! Then you will have a technical test. Because we don’t think a test can show all of your potentials, we will schedule a technical review to discuss your results.
- Still interested? Awesome, you will also meet one of your future colleagues to have a different perspective on the company.
- Finally, you will meet us again for a final interview
- All of those three steps went well? Brilliant!, then you just have to accept our proposal and start ramping up in our projects.