Since 2011, RefinePro developed training programs for OpenRefine including free online courses, in person or remote courses and individual coaching sessions.
Custom Support and Training
Data Integration Support
Our mentoring program help organizations ramp up their data management game. We provide training for your team or help launch a project on the right track. We cover a wide range of topics, including:
- Developing maintainable data pipelines.
- Managing error and bad data
- Building data lineage.
- How to manage slow-changing dimensions.
- Ensure on-going data quality.
- How to Schedule, Monitoring and Maintain data pipeline.
OpenRefine Online and on-site workshops
RefinePro offers custom workshops on specific aspects of OpenRefine.
Sessions involve a combination of data transformation theory, OpenRefine walk-through tutorials, and hands-on exercises. You can see our OpenRefine Foundation free online course to example of our materials. Courses can include custom topics or datasets.
RefinePro also offers OpenRefine train the trainer program.
Free Online Course: OpenRefine Foundation
Learn the basics of OpenRefine and data manipulation in only 7 hours. OpenRefine Foundation is a free online course. The course gives students the opportunity to plan their study time around the rest of their day, and learn at their own pace. There are a total of 23 instructional videos split into five challenging lessons:
- Lesson 1: Introduction to OpenRefine shows how OpenRefine will help with your data transformation and integration projects. You will learn about the community that supports OpenRefine and how to install the software.
- Lesson 2: Data Mining & Discovery. Explore data sets to find data quality gaps or information nuggets. Learn how to use facets and filters, how to combine them and sort data better.
- Lesson 3: Data Preparation & Normalization goes in-depth into actual data cleaning including removing duplicates, eliminating typos, splitting cells and using the undo/redo functions.
- Lesson 4: Introduction to GREL. The General Refine Expression Language is OpenRefine's scripting language; you will learn its syntax and most commonly used expressions for data cleaning.
- Lesson 5: Data Enrichment explains how you can add value to your data by joining data sets together and use third parties services available via API.